Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Things I Don’t Like About Texas

The heat. I discussed this yesterday. I don’t like it this hot. Warm is nice, hot is not. Moving on.

#2. Every town I have been in has smelled, at least mildly, of oil. Did I mention this yesterday also. I think all the fumes have gone to my head. Moving on again.

#3. The grass has thorny things in it. It isn’t nice and soft like Pennsylvania grass.

#4. Despite the massive amounts of oil everywhere, the gas here is more expensive than anywhere else I’ve been. What’s up with that? They pump it out of the ground here. They refine it here. They store it here. There aren’t any bad winters to drive up heating oil prices. So why in the hell is the good stuff $3.09 per gallon? (The cheap stuff is $2.89.)

OK, Austin is cool. The birds are cool. I enjoyed the chicken sandwich at Whattaburger. And it’s the home of “Walker, Texas Ranger.” Those are all the concessions I’ll make.

Oh yeah, I picked up one lifer today (#50, I believe). As the birding flags, I’m eager to make some good time and get back to CoMo before the weekend. I need to recover from my vacation!

”This vacation has been accident free for: 003 days.”

1 Comments:

At 4/15/2006 7:46 AM, Blogger ATR said...

Keep rolling, brother; and keep that "accident-free" counter moving up! We'll see ya when we see ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home