Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Day Away

Today’s travels took us from Marietta, OK, through the northwest corner of Arkansas to Joplin, MO.

I stopped briefly at Tishomingo National Wildlife Refuge in Tishomingo, OK. I saw 27 species in just over an hour. No new lifers. This makes the first day since April 4 that I didn’t add a bird to my life list. I’m guessing this marks the end of my birding exploits, as I have no plans for any stops tomorrow.

My only goal for tomorrow is to get home. My hands are tired, my ass is tired... my whole body is tired. I’ve been drinking caffeine for the last couple of days, something I normally avoid. This has been an amazing trip, but I am ready for home.

Barring any mishaps, I’ll be home tomorrow afternoon. This gives me the weekend to recuperate from my trip. I have a feeling I’m going to need every second of it. I could have spent two more days in the mountains of Arizona - and probably picked up a dozen more lifers - but I’m glad I made the decision to work my way home.

”This vacation has been accident free for: 004 days.”

1 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 4:06 PM, Blogger ATR said...

By now, you have arrived safely in the arms of CoMo, and we welcome you back! Knowing you surely need some R & R from your R & R, we'll postpone calling you until a later date.
In response to an earlier question: Yeah, Arkansas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home